Expectation:
The act or state of anticipate or to look forward to the coming or occurrence of something
I’ve started to realize that by having expectations in life you either set yourself up to be extremely happy or really disappointed. Even with this 50/50 chance of good or bad I cant help but set up expectations or wants in my life.
Expectations are really a double-ended sword. Depending on what you set up the expectation for having it follow through can be good thing or it can be horrible, like when you expect to fail a test a low and behold you do.
Between all the expectations a person can have I feel having the expectation of something not happening, even though you’re told it will, being right is the worse. You try to set your hopes in the person that they will follow through with their word just to find out that you were right in the assumption that it would never happen was correct.
The expectation that someone will be there for you when they promise you they will be but when the moment arises they are no where to be found. Or the expectation that you can really trust someone just to find out they were feeding you lies.
Though expectations can break a person, we can’t live life without them.
Anyways, failed expectations are one of the things I hate most in the world, probably because I’m a person that is true to my word. Don’t tell a person you will do something if you were never going to do it in the first place. Have some common courtesy. It sucks to be let down as everyone knows and you don’t want to become one of those people that no one trust to follow through on their word.
Sorry just wanted to speak my mind and what more perfect place than my blog
No comments:
Post a Comment